Wednesday, January 19, 2005

We've had a really nice day today. After breakfast, Charlie decided to do some maths, more subtraction, then some handwriting and finally he did about 6 pages of his Science workbook.

He also did a little more of his huge farm picture which he is basing on various drawings in his Draw Write Now set.

We had a terrible bereavement today. Frosty lost his head. We're not sure how it happened as the clay had dried out, but Charlie was incredibly upset about it, and he has now been buried in the bin.

After lunch and my injection (3 down now) we whizzed off to Home Ed group. This was the first I have been to and it was at K's house as the hall has yet to be secured for the venue. It was really nice to meet people and let Charlie play with other children. He really enjoyed it and I really noticed a difference in the way home ed children play compared to school children. It may be cliched, but there is no tension, no teasing that I heard and everyone was so friendly no matter their age or sex - it was just lovely.

One of the mums who lives in Gloucestershire - not very far from here - has managed to secure a hall in Cam once a month so that has now been sorted, but I think the expectation is that those whom live in South Gloucestershire might not come as it's a bit far for them. For us it's fine though as we live exactly on the Glos/South Glos/Avon border.

So we're just waiting for the South Glos venue to be sorted, and we should hopefully have two groups to go to.

I managed to sort out some swimming for Charlie. The coach from Yate called to tell me that they only offer private lessons to special needs/disabled children but that the swimming club does learn to swim lessons and there is only 3-4 children in each group. So we are off for a trial tomorrow to see how he gets on.

So a great day all in and I'm going to watch the Chicago DVD I treated myself too now!

No comments: