As we've done bugger all "educational" the last 3 days in a row can I claim unschooling?
Charlie has basically spent the last 3 days with his nose firmly wedged in non-fiction books. Does anyone else have a child that wakes up, looks at you, says "Morning Mummy, what's a silo?" or is that just my boy? He's always doing this, waking up and asking random questions before I've even thrown the alarm clock across the room to shut it up and silo's it was today!
We returned our library books and got some more, predictable Charlie's are non-fiction although I grabbed Tales of King Arthur for him and he has started that and appears to really enjoying it.
I've looked everywhere for the first issue of Horrible Science and I just can't find it anywhere, so I'm off to check eBay in desperation in a bit.
After we came home we had to take my work back to my parents and pick up my train tickets for Monday. Yet more discourse between my mum and Charlie, she really winds him up the wrong way and he in turn is rude to her to the point of shaking his fist at her and throwing cushions. Sigh. I don't know why but when I ask him, he says he hates the way she teases him and the way she always echoes what I say. What he means by that if I say "Charlie get off the table" she will say it either straight after me or at the same time. It makes him feel like she is trying to mother him, which she is as she is soooo controlling and that winds him up. She had agreed to stop but she hasn't and today her pearls of wisdom were that I had to stop him as by cuddling him when he's upset over his run-ins with her, I'm making him a wuss. FFS!
I'm now really worried about what will happen when I have to have my egg collection as he will have to stay the night with them as my mother refuses to come to the clinic with me and take him out for a few hours whilst I am in theatre. There is no-one else to look after him, I don't have any grown-up friends here as I've only been here 2 years and work from home, so I just don't know anyone. He cried and cried when I told him he will have to stay with them, he really wants to come with me but he just can't as there is no-one to look after him whilst I'm in theatre. He's fine with my dad - loves and adores him, but steadily over the last 2 years his problem with my mum has got worse and worse.
1 comment:
If you can't get hold of the Horrible Science (I'm presuming you mean the first issue of the magazine series "Beastly Bodies") then just yell and I will see if they have any left where we are and send it up :-)
Post a Comment