Monday, January 10, 2005

Day 1 in the Big Sniff House......

Sorry couldn't resist. I am 2 sniffs down out of 3 now, just have to wait until 11.15 for the 3rd and final one for the day. I had to do the second one whilst I was out and it was much worse than the first. When the time came for the repulsive stuff to trickle down my throat it actually made me sick! The thing that really gets me is that everyone says this bit is really horrid but it only gets worse from here on in, symptom wise and then of course the injections start. Ok, I'll stop moaning now promise.

Oohhh his Draw Write Now set arrived today, yay! Thats the one birthday present he doesn't know about. I sneaked a look at it, and I am sure he will love it.

So, work wise, Charlie did maths, english, science, French and some of his diary.He was really messing around by the time he got to his diary so I stopped him as it was clear he had set too many goals for one day!

We went off to the Mall after my work crisis had passed to let him choose his birthday presents. I know that sounds odd, but unless I buy on the net, he will always see what I buy! I bought all his xmas presents on the net, because I knew exactly what to get, but with his birthday so close to christmas I had ran out of ideas.

In the end I explained to him that he could have one big thing with a few little bits, or he could just choose a variety of presents (upto a set value I had in mind) from different shops. He wisely went for the second option.

This is his rather impressive haul:

From ELC - artists paper, glitter glues, weird metallic bubble holed stuff, bucket of 100 felt tips, modeling clay, glittery pom poms for sticking, huge wad of activity paper, a sand art set and a mini etch a sketch.

From toysrus - Cadoo, DK Oceans book

I also got him the Jump Ahead Year 2 Pack for home ed purposes!

His best friends mum from school is coming round in the morning to pick up some stuff. I asked her on the phone today if G would like to come to play next week after school and that I would pick him up. She was really funny with me and we are quite good friends, so I'm not sure what that was about. She said she would ask G later and get back to me. Huh? We've always just arranged it between us before, so not sure what that was about.

First swimming lesson tomorrow afternoon, as well as B coming and going to my parents to pick up more work. It will be interesting to see how the swimming teacher copes with seeing him not in his school group. I wonder if she will say anything?

No comments: