Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Easter Bunny Came Early

Or at least that's how one friend put it when I gave her the clinic update.

So, things are looking really good. I had 10 huge follicles yesterday which is very promising and a nice thick womb lining which is even better, as that is the biggest indicator of IVF success. The lady who will be receiving half of my eggs (anonymously) is all nicely lined up and in tune with my cycle, so no delays there which is fab. Apparently she is extremely excited, having been on the donor egg list of 700-900 women for the last 5 years or so.

So next visit is Wednesday for another scan to check the follicles and a blood test to check estradiol levels. If that all comes back ok it will mean the nasty evil trigger injection at about 1/2am ish on Thursday and then the big operation/egg collection on Friday.

Charlie was so excited to see the follicles or eggs as I put it to him - he was jumping up and down in the scan room! Poor little mite is sooo desperate for a baby sibling.

Last night's injection really hurt, more than any of the others so far - ouch. I have to keep sniffing too - why oh why - that stuff is so disgusting.

I was really impressed that I stayed bright eyed and bushy tailed all day, I didn't even feel sleepy on the train on the way home! I did go to bed really early last night though - 10.30pm.

No comments: