Another joyous wake up call and early morning sniff is done. Last night's sniff was horrendous and made me sick and then dry heaves for 10 minutes or so. Good thing Charlie was fast asleep.
Today has been a horribly bitty day which I hate. First of all G's mum came to collect G's stuff on her way back from school, and said she couldn't come in because of her car battery. Hmmm.....?!
Then it was off to the parents/bosses house to collect work, and we went in for a bit as I was summoned to the offices. I have been ordered to be at their house tomorrow morning at 8.30 to spend the day so that mother can join father at the head office, as they have an extremely important court hearing to prepare for, and they have decorators in doing their kitchen at the moment. Bah humbug, I hate their house. Its big and rambling, and far too many antiques and priceless stuff hanging around, and it always makes me nervous that Charlie will break something, or damage something. Or he will lock himself in the cellar or something. It's so big that when you are upstairs in the office say, you can't hear someone downstairs. So I have to be on my toes and can't relax.
Anyway, got back home and started sorting out the @Bristol trip and updating the database of numbers and ages I started last night.
Charlie wrote some more in his diary about Bath, and then I read him a couple of poems and asked him to draw a picture of what one of them bought to mind. I asked him to really concentrate this time, and tried to explain that one of the reasons he gets so frustrated with his drawings is that he rushes them and tries to put too much detail in and then scribbles when colours. He really concentrated hard, and apart from thinking his person was rubbish, he was clearly pleased with the result which makes a change from the usual tantrums. He is actually a really good drawer, or was, since the start of last term, his drawing skill drastically reduced, which I think is quite telling. Its important to him I think, to try to build up his confidence again, hence the Draw Write Now purchase.
Off we went to swimming lessons. Does anyone else think the way they are run is ridiculous. It really struck me today that 4 teachers yelling to 4 groups of children to make themselves heard, whilst the children are in the pool, and the teachers out, is hardly an effective way of communicating. I really noticed that he hasn't come along much in a year, in terms of stroke development and I am convinced the method of teaching is to blame. Half the children were talking to each other because the teacher hadn't attracted their attention.
I think I may let this 5 week course run as I've paid for it, and then pay for private lessons.
After getting back from the pool, Charlie became struck with a mystery illness, necessitating 5 trips to the bathroom in an hour. Hmmmm, he was very pale and cold afterwards so we snuggled up together on the sofa with the blanket.
By about 8.30 he had recovered a bit, and read his rocks and minerals book. He then demanded to be allowed to watch Child of our Time. He is really addicted to that programe!
2 comments:
Hi Claire...
I "MAY" be interested in the @~Bristol thing, but it depends on whether we get a new car in time and on our finances. I'll let you know as soon as I do :-)
Heather - yes its open to all. I did post on the MP list about it. Would be nice to see both you and Jules if you can both make it.
Post a Comment