Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Amazon delivery = good day

We haven't actually done much day, ok in fact Charlie did nothing remotely education like. He finished his Faraway Tree collection last night so today he started and finished (!) another book from the library, and has now started The Scarecrow and his Servant, he's about 4 chapters in. The speed this child reads at is starting to scare me now. I mean I was fast as a child and still am now, but whoa nelly!

He played with play money for a bit, lectured his soft toys about something or other and generally played quietly in his playroom this morning.

I managed some work today, finished one file and broke down another, makes me so mad how some people treat their children and social services do NOTHING - arrgghhh.

Still pondering the curriculum or not question.

I'm getting a new pc from work soon, to enable me to give this one to Charlie for his playroom for his birthday on the 15th, although I am keeping the flat screen! He can have the ordinary one from the office. It's really seriously high spec this Dell and I love it, but not enough memory and thats causing problems. When I started talking to my dad and brother about all the probs, we came up with the above solution as Charlie often wants to be on the pc surfing Usborne quick links sites at times when I must have it for typing up work and e-mailing it in! My brother will buy a wireless network card and his present to Charlie and then the printer can come downstairs and go in the playroom with the computer, whilst my new one stays here in the dining room with me.

Talking of the curriculum, when I can actually start to print things from enchanted learning which I joined, the need for curriculum will probably fade as their unit studies look great as a jumping off point.

Need to make further headway into work tomorrow, although I am sat here seriously considering staying up again all night and doing some work, as I did the other night. I didn't fall asleep until gone 3.30 last night, which predictably meant we didn't wake up until 10 again. I don't mind sleeping in at weekends, but when its winter I hate afternoons and evenings as I feel really exhausted by 3.30 and can never be arsed to do anything!

Charlie is on the waiting list for trampoline lessons, and I really need to get him on the swimming waiting list or consider paying for private lessons. He had lessons included at his school and made amazing progress so need to keep that up.

No comments: