Saturday, March 04, 2006

Nightmare!

Just spent around 6 hours trying to sort out Firefox! It totally died on me - wouldn't allow me to access many sites and after following every recommendation that Mozilla had, it still didn't work! In a moment of total idiocy I even deleted the copy of my bookmarks folder! That left me wailing at my desk as last night I spent hours rearranging all the business bookmarks into neater sub-folders such as suppliers/business advisors/business blogs/general advice etc The thought of loosing all those links to supplers which, in many cases, took hundreds of hours of searching to find was just too much!

Anyway, in the end I appear to have solved the problem by reverting to using the 1.07 version and removing all my extensions and add-ons. I miss my pretty coloured tabs! I might attempt to re-install adblocker as I might just go insane otherwise. After trying 6 different restore progs, I finally found one that recovered my bookmarks!

This morning started well with the pup's food eventually arriving so we went out to Staples. Bought a load of organiser type stuff for the business as trade price lists and catalogues were beginning to take over the house! The HABA catalogue arrived today - all 312 pages of it! It's big and heavy but the toys are divine. It's really unusual to see such a variety of wooden and part wooden/fabric toys plus a really excellent range of educational toys and games for older children too. I have a feeling my first order with them will be massive - way past the min required.

After Staples, we attacked Tesco for a top-up shop and managed to find Charlie 3 paperbacks - Just So stories, Peter Pan and something I can't remember( way below his reading level but enjoyable anyway)plus a CD-ROM - all in their clearance sale and all for the grand total of £3.38 - pretty impressive.

There was a funny moment when he was looking at the chunky adult paperbacks and one with a sea/boat scene caught his eye. "I'd really love to read that mummy" I glanced at it and fell laughing on the floor as it was clearly some kind of romance thing!

Came home and had to go to a "business" meeting.

Found out I can have a corner desk for free as my parents have about five spare atm in their head office - they're only a few years old and solid proper office furniture so that will make my life easier. It will also mean that if I need to overflow the stock from the stock room into my office - that won't be so much of a problem. At the moment it's looking like I'll be needing some proper external storage space/offices in a few months and before the shop gets opened next year.

Then a lovely roast chicken dinner in amongst the pc turmoils and filing all the price lists, starting to rearrange my office and now I'm shattered.

I've been considering changing to a blogsome blog but as far as I can see, you can't import your blogger posts from it which has left me annoyed. Maybe a link to this blog on the blogsome would work, with the ring code on the blogsome blog? I was also inspired to start a business blog after reading one by someone who used to work for the Millenium Commission and moved to Devizes to run a toy shop!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Glad you sorted out your bookmarks - I'd have been having a nervous breakdown LOL

Blogsome? Gah. Nothing but problems imo. Feeds don't work, uptime is lousy.

You can import from Blogger to WordPress easily though. If you need it hosted, what about wordpress.com?