Thursday, March 02, 2006

Manic Monday on a Thursday

Today has really felt like a Monday - not sure why.

This week so far I've done two food shops, been to the office twice, arranged for my logo to be designed, booked to visit 5 trade fairs between now and October, trialled two accounts software packages as I hate my old one, and done what feels like thousands of hours sourcing products online and speaking to Manufacturers/Wholesalers/Agents on the phone and by e-mail. My business bookmark folder has grown by about a million percent.

Banged my head against a brick wall trying to find out how to contact the agent for a German wooden toy manufacturer - the internet and their website give no clues! Very frustrating!

I've placed a large bead order and am about to place a wooden toy order - lovely fairly traded, hand crafted stuff from Sri Lanka.

As for the work I'm paid to do - not much progress there! Got a pile of files to do but luckily employers most understanding.

Phew I'm exhausted!

2 comments:

Claire said...

:) Used to sell them before alongside the prams/baby clothes/rattles, but a much smaller selection than you, oh bead queen! I love the new stuff this year though - much more inspired than anything they had last year I thought.

Claire said...

Absolutely not! Only going to be stocking a limited range of kits for the forseeable future and only on ebay until the website has been done ( a good few months away) and then into a bricks and mortar shop. No plans to put up a permanent link on the blog. Main stock lines will be baby goods/clothes and wooden toys rather than beads. Definitely no competition for you.