The world is spinning too quickly and I can't keep up!
Yet another busy day, first to the village shop for meat - whoops they had none - late delivery apparently. So then to the post office to post a parcel to the first customer - some American woman on an American base - caused much confusion in the post office that did!
Then into town and to HSBC to sort out a new merchant account - their charges are the lowest of them all. Also discussed with them a foreign currency account as Ostheimer and Flensted prefer payment in Euro's and paying in Sterling whacks up the prices considerably (abouit 10-20% I believe) despite their having UK agents.
Greengrocers and butchers next and much peering through windows of shops to let.....
Back home and dropped Bev and Charlie home whilst I went to head office to collect my "real work" and bring my mum home as she had finished for the day. Inspected the lovely corner desk I shall be getting and chose a left left hand group. Various business conversations held on the journey and some interesting ideas emerged.
By the time I got home it was 2.00pm and Charlie did some maths - about 10 pages anyway!
Had a heap of e-mails from suppliers so replied to those, made some phone calls to suppliers and the bank and investigated some new sling lines too. I finally received a reply from the people that distribute Ideal Blox today, took them ages!
Had a couple of confirmation e-mails from some suppliers of account acceptance and details to access online trade prices etc. Also made an appointment for a rep from a craft company to come and see me with some samples and received proper confirmation of our hotel booking for the Harrogate Trade fair.
Spent the rest of the afternoon and evening doing files and uploading items to eBay and have know collapsed into an exhausted heap!
1 comment:
Hi Claire,
Why didn't you contact me re. German wooden toy manufacturers? I could have helped with contacts (obviously).
It might be worth us having a chat re. what each of us is stocking in an attempt to avoid crossover of product range (that way we can complement each other rather than compete).
Are Ostheimer going to go past Veronica (their UK distributor) then? I can't see she'd be very happy about that.
Anyway, my e-mail is off my blog if you want to chat about product lines - and if you'd like any contacts for other companies.
Post a Comment