Sunday, March 05, 2006

Lovely day

Had a lazy morning mooching around and then an early lunch before we went to the Water Fowl Sanctuary and Children's Farm which is only a few miles from us. Charlie and I had been there before five years ago and really liked it. It's a pretty small, unprentitious place with lots of rare breads of birds and waterfowl. The best bit though is the petting area where the children can sit down and hold baby rabbits, chicks and ducks - so cute. They were very,very young and Charlie loved that part the most!

We walked around the farm then, passing chickens for sale and ruminating on whether we should get any. Stroked a donkey, some really fat mini Shetlands and saw the hugest fatest hens in the world along with some rather giant sized rabbits!

The weather was glorious - blue skys and not too cold. We even saw a newborn lamb. Unfortunately my camera wasn't charged so we didn't get any pics :(

Half way through the arm on my glasses snapped off so when we had finished we went into town and then I was glad I'd paid for that Vision Express card thingy as it meant free repairs/replacements despite being nearly two years old. They put a spare arm on them for now whilst they check for replacement frames, and if they don't make them any more then it means new ones!

Came home and played with MYOB for a bit - I think I've cracked it now and if I have it's definitely easier than the evil Quickbooks!

The logo designer starts work on our logo and banner ads tomorrow which is rather exciting. Can't wait to see what she comes up with.

No comments: