Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Early start this morning - up at 8am to get some work done before my excellent appointment with Oxfordshire Business Enterprise. Can see that the mentoring type relationship there is going to be excellent - lovely guy I've been allocated, very supportive and always helpful to know your ideas are good ones.

Was nearly late as a supplier phoned 20 minutes before I was due to leave - but got changed in super fast time and was slightly early.

Bev had left at 7.40 to take Monty in for his fasting tests. They did some extra tests whilst he was there too - no real results yet - they couldn't see any mites from the skin scrapings so he might need a biopsy. He definitely needs castrating on medical grounds though - they're very concerned about his insides. We're were going to have him done at the right age anyway, but this way as it's medical need and fairly urgent, it can be done much sooner and the insurance will cover. Talking of pet insurance - thank god for it - the bill for today would have been over £300 otherwise! A few more days to wait for all the blood test results to come in and then hopefully we'll have some answers.

Charlie has been pretty bad tempered and acting like a tweenager all day - he got up at 7 for some reason so not surprising really. Bev managed to get some maths and spellings out of him whilst I was at my meeting though.

Had lunch when I got back, booked myself on an Enterprise day next week, then went food shopping in advance of organic veg and fruit boxes arriving tomorrow. Came home did some more work, Bev took Charlie to gym club and I cooked dinner. Some quorn, cranberry, BBQ sauce thingy with rice - rather nice.

More mardyness from Charlie this evening, dreading the real teenage years!

No comments: