Friday, September 01, 2006

Elephant house

...well I feel like an elephant as my stomach is swelling further upwards and outwards even more. Need to lay these eggs now!! Trigger injection site is really sore, red and swollen today - yeouch.

Had a lovely day today after another night of little sleep due to the most intense acid reflux keeping me awake.

Took B to work and then went to the bank to pay bills and move some money between the two biz accounts too. Then decided a slow wander around the shops might be a good idea. Well a slow waddle anyway. Got Charlie some beads and cord for jewellery making, some card and envelopes for card making, a box for his geomags and a landscape colouring book too in a little shop in town.

Checked out the Radley purses to go with my radders bag but they didn't have the right size so gave up and waddled to Jessops to pick up the first lot of prints from Disneyland. They had my two sets ready but not the second lot we had ordered in B's name in order to take advantage of the 40 free prints deal. Pah. Waddled further and finally managed to find Charlie a new electric toothbrush - Mickey Mouse of course!

Got him some Bond Assessment Papers in WhSmith, maths, verbal and non-verbal reasoning and then to Ottakars where he bought Treasure Island with some money my parents gave him yesterday. I also got him another maths workbook. Waddled back to car to dump bags and then went to M&S for tasty treats, stopped in at the Mill Arts Centre to pick up details on Capoeira classes, youth theatre, dance and Art Club.

Then we drove over to the train station and picked up the train tickets for tomorrow. Got home and had lunch.

I slobbed on sofa and tried to fight the rising acid reflux whilst Charlie did two pages of the new maths book very competently, and then we went to collect B from work having stopped at the post office to post Anara parcels.

Filled up with petrol on the way home and then Charlie did a whole paper of non-verbal reasoning. As I suspected he really enjoyed this just as I used to when I was his age and we did them at prep school all the time to prep for 10+/11+

B is out for a walk, Charlie is riding his bike and I'm just settling down with a trade mag to browse to try and finalise Xmas stock - arrggghhh.

Have to be up at 5.30am tomorrow to leave to catch my train to London at 06.05 - yikes! Will be at hospital by 7.45 ish if taxi goes fast enough from station so hoping they won't kill me for being late. I'm second on the operating list, so it's eggs laid time at 9.30am hopefully. Charlie's given them a strict talking to, to make sure they're all nice and mature. Rofl.

2 comments:

HelenHaricot said...

fingers crossed for you tomorrow then

Claire said...

Thanks Helen - much appreciated.