Thursday, September 07, 2006

S*d sofa rest

I am sooooooooooooooooo bored I am going insane officially.

As Merry kindly posted for me I had my embryos transferred on Tuesday. They were ok embies, not brilliant like last time but ok. I had a 8 cell grade 1 embryo and a 7 cell grade 2 embryo replaced.

I also had a 6 cell grade 2 embryo and a 5 cell grade 2 embryo frozen for future use. The fifth little embryo hadn't grown/divided overnight and had arrested. :(

In terms of grading - grade 1 at my clinic is the best so after getting 5 grade 1 embies last time and only 1 this time I wasn't over the moon. It is very hard to stay positive at the moment and I'm trying instead to have a "whatever will be" attitude but both the doctor and the embryologist seemed rather negative and the doctor started talking about my next try which made me want to slap her - bit difficult when you're on your back, feet in stirups with a metal object in your nether regions and a nurse pressing the scan probe really hard on your painful swollen uterus and ovaries!!!!

One of my ovaries was laying over my uterus which explains why I had experienced so much abdo pain this time. Thankfully it seems to have settled now and the only pain I have left is both my buttocks from the gestone injections. A lumpy, sore, bruised bum isn;t much fun and the injections get more painful each morning - I am sure Bev is getting off on inflicting the pain. I swear I can hear her muttering about revenge.

In terms of the embryo development now, if they have survived until today they will be blastocysts and look like this

With any luck tomorrow they will start to hatch, ready to implant from Sat-Tuesday.

Charlie has been a busy bee during my sofa rest. Yesterday he completed a Bond Assessment Paper in Maths
which was slightly easy for him but he did it really quickly and was proud to get 25/25 - he asked me to mark it for him. He also did a unit of his Egmont Learning Explorers maths workbook He's enjoying this book too at the moment - seems to suit his learning style well.

Then he moved onto SL, so history and geography about Athens and Sparta and the differences between them, some CHOTW and SOTW on both subjects and activity pages too. A bit of SL science finished up the work for the day.

Today he was up before Bev and downstairs doing some more SL science - all about space and planets. This shocked us both as neither of us heard him get up. He had heard B's alarm and gone straight downstairs - I was impressed!

After breakfast he carried on with science whilst I decluttered the huge pile of magazines on the sitting room floor that I've been trying to alleviate boredom with. I read, read some more, surfed the net, made some more touring plans for our Disney Florida holiday, got a bill from the clinic - GULP - and received an interesting package of needles and syringes from them also.

Then Charlie made lunch :)

B came home and mowed and strimmed the lawns and Charlie has now done some more science, finished off Athens and Sparta. He's just starting the next unit in the ELE book.

I've decided officially that I am off sofa rest from this afternoon - I'm too bored. I'm going to go for a short walk and get some fresh air before I go insane.

2 comments:

Struthie said...

Wishing you lots of luck mate,there is a message for you on baby greenhouse xxx

Jax Blunt said...

thinking of you.