Monday, September 04, 2006

I just rang the lab to check on the embryos and wished I hadn't now, I didn't know I could do this last time but a friend on FF recommended that I did.

This morning we have 1 x 4 cell perfect embryo, 1 x 3 cell ok embryo, 2 x 2 cell embryos that are ok-ish - one of which has fragmentation and 1 highly fragmented embryo that they don't hold much hope for.

So it seems that this lot of embryos are nowhere near as good as last years which is very disappointing in a kind of I'm not sure if I can go through all this again way. It's frustrating when I did a lot more stuff this time to ensure better quality eggs and therefore embies. Extra protein, drank more fluid (which is really hard for me) remembering faithfully to take my vits and minerals.

So very much looking like it will be transfer tomorrow and not blasts on Thursday which I really wanted to give us the best chance. I'm not holding out any hope at all now for particularly good embryos.

1 comment:

Struthie said...

Just remember Kate from hbz has twins from ICSI and I believe they were both 2 and 3 cells,keep the faith!