Friday, September 15, 2006

I've debated about blogging this all day but it seems wrong not to acknowledge what's happening.

My official test date is tomorrow and on Wednesday morning I started spotting. By Weds evening it had turned into light bleeding which has continued. Yesterday morning I did an evil pee stick test and it was a very feint positive. Yesterday afternoon I went out and bought some Clear Blue tests which thankfully were on offer in Sainsburys. I figured I needed to use a brand I could trust.

I tested again this morning and it was another stronger positive. I rang the clinic and the nurse congratulated me and told me to treat as a positive and book a scan for 3 weeks time when I'd be 6 weeks +5 days pregnant. I declined saying I'd rather test again tomorrow and Monday and see what happens with the bleeding. If the tests are still positive on Monday I will book my scan and might go to the GP for a beta blood test if the bleeding hasn't stopped.

So, positive test is good, today I am still pregnant but bleeding could either be ok or not ok. As long as it doesn't get any heavier it is likely to just be one of those things (90% of IVF pregnancies have bleeding in the first trimester)or one embryo failing and one embryo making it.

Charlie is thrilled but understands until we see a hearbeat nothing is guarranteed - I am so proud of him as he is being so positive and caring.

I'd like to publicly thank Merry here because she has been *so* supportive despite everything. Thank you - you've made this 2ww much easier than it could have been just be being there and I appreciate it so much. Thank you also to everyone else who has left me messages of support - it is so appreciated.

So now there is nothing to do but wait again. Arggghh first the 2ww and now an almost 3ww!

1 comment:

Struthie said...

A tentative well done from me too,hope all goes well for you all xxx