Saturday, September 16, 2006

This is begining to feel like a saga now. Woke up to quite a bit of bleeding - more than before and did another test. Positive but much feinter than yesterday so I rang the clinic and a really lovely doctor called me back and agreed the best thing is to go to the clinic on Monday and have a beta HcG blood test as the only real way to find out what is going on. Likelihood of early m/c of one or both little ones but could still "just" be a bleed. Have to "carry on" as if pregnant until Monday.

Charlie is finding this really hard - he cried this afternoon because he saw just one magpie in the car on the way home from Oxford and because he hit me on the arm on the park and ride bus and thought that it would kill the "baby" and it was all his fault.

So whilst I know deep down that there probably isn't going to be a good outcome for this pregnancy, the blood test will give us a definitive answer and that will make it easier on him, he just doesn't understand at the moment why I'm bleeding and it won't stop and why he can't be happy. To be honest I'm not sure I understand either.

I must remember to ask about the recipient tomorrow, something good has to come out of all this and if it's making a 3rd couples dreams come true then that's good enough for me.

3 comments:

Allie said...

Thinking of you all just now.

Struthie said...

Oh Claire

You are so strong,we stopped the IVF as its too hard on ds when it fails,so I know how Charlie feels right now bless him.

Lots of love to you all xxx

HelenHaricot said...

still hoping for you there. hugs