Charlie started the day really well with going from breakfast to teeth to dressed to starting his normals really well and quickly. First off was an ELE unit which he did surprisingly well with occassional help. He moved onto SL reading, history, geography and science and really enjoyed todays work although I can't remember what he did except science was about energy including new and greener sources.
After that he finished a SOTW colouring sheet from yesterday and then begged to be allowed to play nintendogs on my DS lite. I was in the office at this point and could quite a bit of shouting coming from the sitting room. He and B went to the lakes for a long walk and he cleared out the waterfall again.
A quick dinner and change of clothes and I dropped him off for his first art club session which was for two hours until 8pm.
I was greeted with a beaming smile when I picked him up - he really enjoyed himself. They did some instruction led idea abstract art (!)and a 3D plaque and pastels thingy as individual pieces. Then as a group they did a kind of group picture where the teacher drew a desert island and each child drew a feature on it. Next she emptied out a big bag of plastic bags and bits of plastic and did an Art Attack style picture of the completed island with them.
Charlie was thrilled to notice that there was a big bag of Happy Mais in the room and when the teacher didn't know how to use it Charlie obliged by telling her. They might use it next week apparently as well as doing something with scraps or leather and suede.
It seems like he had a really positive experience and said that he really likes the teacher, Kate and he hopes they don't change teachers. I reassured him that its only her that does it as far as I know.
He's now happily fast asleep in my bed as B and her man flu kept me awake all night last night so a bit of bed swapping has been called for.
No comments:
Post a Comment