Yesterday was spent with the Puddles as Charlie loves to refer to them collectively and was really lovely. Merry and I chewed the fat over biz stuff as usual whilst Josie entertained us with utter cuteness and Amelie was just so cool - no other word for it - that girl rocks.
She really loved hearing all our Disney tales and at one point I really thought her eyeballs would pop with wonderment over hearing of some of the characters we met. She seemed particularly taken by tales of eating dinner with them.
Charlie, Fran and Maddy played particularly well together I noticed quite a few times and there was much insistance at the end of the day that he sit firmly inbetween them so as to be next to both whilst DVD watching.
My new zoom lens arrived just as we were leaving home so I was able to take it with me to play with it a bit. After a few false starts it started working but I can't use the camera with it in anything other than auto mode because I shake too much! Must remember tripod next time for manual shots!
All in all a lovely day which was also the perfect way to distract me and Charlie and I had some lovely conversations particularly on the way home when he philosophised over whether the "babies" would stay put and how he might feel if they don't this time after he's "been waiting so long for a baby". Cue a few teary eyed seconds from me - not good when you're driving in the dark! We got home lateish - 10.30 and put Charlie straight to bed after he had a screaming melt down at B.
Today has been a bit mish mashed. Took B to work and then came home to find my prescription from the clinic and the needles and syringes whilst Charlie started a ELE unit. Then out to see the GP to ask if they'll do the prescription. 35 mins wait in the surgery - they were so busy - ugh.
Then straight from the GP to fill the car up and to pick up B from work and home from lunch. Charlie finished off his maths - after 2 hours!!!! More screaming fits at B - think he's a bit emotional still and then he did SL and SOTW but didn't get on to Science before bed!!
I uploaded photos and fiddled in picassa in attempt at distraction and did some forum surfing too.
Then I got Charlie to bring down all his non-fiction and SL books which we've now put on the bottom of our second new bookcase. This means we can clear a bookcase from his room into the garage. I think we're going to bring down all the workbooks and resources too, just need to figure out the best way to store those.
B has man flu and has been moaning all afternoon driving me mad. Popped over to mum and dads this evening to pick up a form I have to sign to do with their business and Dad showed me some of his many holiday photos. Including an impressive one he took of a ship over a mile out to sea. His lens is *so* bigger than mine - sulk.
Charlie has his first session at art club tomorrow night which he seems to be looking forward to.
No comments:
Post a Comment