Thursday, August 31, 2006

Today and yesterday

Taking three weeks off work is starting to make me demented - I never know what day or time it is.

Anyway, yesterday saw Charlie back to normals with much stropping and bad mood. Eventually, a page of Miquon and the start of writing a piece in his diary about our holiday was done. I slobbed in front of the pc, in bed reading mags and then on the sofa as bloating is big and walking feels odd! I swore at flickr loads too as it takes sooooo long to load photos - grrrr.

Charlie did a load of train station 3D plans on Google SketchUp which he enjoyed loads.

Today I swore at the Anara website for various reasons I can't really go into on here just in case. We nearly missed our train to London this morning for my last follicle scan - made it onto platform at 10.11 and train departed at 10.12! I had to do the shameful thing of not paying for a parking ticket as I only had a £20 note in the house and about 20p in coppers and not the required £2.50 for station car park. There was no on -road parking anywhere near and I didn't have time to go into the station, up the four flights of stairs, across the bridge to the cafe buy something, back down the stairs and then walk the half mile back to the overflow car park. I felt really, really bad - I've not done anything like that before but I could not miss the scan because of the blood test deadline. Sigh. I came back fully prepared to pay the £50 fine and see a clamp and miraculously got away with it. Oh the shame.

Anyway, made it to the clinic on time - scan fine - loads of lovely follicles and had blood test. Sorted out consent forms for egg donation and the stipulations for use, research and storage etc Back to Marylebone and on the train again by 12.54 eating a cheese and onion cornish pasty for lunch and glugging Duchy organic apple juice - yum.

Bev picked us up having had to walk several miles from work to the train station car park and then we came home to wait for the clinic to call having stoped at Sainsburys for another 8 pints of organic milk, pineapple juice and pregnancy tests all ready for the 2ww.

Charlie has been finishing his diary piece and doing some maths since we got back - still doing it now after dinner!

Clinic called around 4.30 to say that egg collection is going ahead on Saturday - my operation should be at 9.30. Had to do my last menopur injection just now and have taken my last two sniffs - yay! Then its time for the big trigger injection at 9.30 tonight. Drug free day tomorrow except for my steriods and pregnacare, egg collection Sat morning and then the evil gestone injections start on Sunday - sob.

I'm hoping for 20 eggs on Saturday but I think that's a bit optimistic as best previously has been 17 eggs. 20 would give me and my recipient 10 each and therefore give me a good chance of 8 being mature, and 7 fertilising. That in turn would give me a good change of 6 embryos that would be allowed to go to blasts. I desperately want a blast transfer this time to maximise my chances but we'll see. I also like to make sure that my recipient gets a good number of eggs to maximise her chances so fingers crossed. I would be over the moon if embryos from my eggs managed to make a third woman pregnant!

Tomorrow we're going to sort out some of Charlie's home ed resources/books/stuff and take some of it downstairs to go on one of our new bookcases in the sitting room. That way he can utilise the new table in there too which will be helpful whilst I'm glued to the sofa for the next 2 and a bit weeks resting up.

We also need to go into town to get him a new electric toothbrush - his is rather broken. He wants to learn about some railway line engineering principles too so I'm going to try and facilitate that somehow using google.

No comments: