These early mornings (well early for us) to get Bev to work and then Charlie to swimming are beginning to take their toll on all of us! Charlie is asleep by 8pm every time - totally unheard of for years and even I'm ready for bed by 11.00pm rather than my usual 1am. Still a struggle to get up though.
Charlie is doing really well with the swimming lessons - there are only 6 in his group and two teachers and they have the trainer pool to themselves. He really likes the teachers and all the children have come along so quickly. Last lesson tomorrow and his name is down for the ordinary weekly swimming lessons. He is 258 on the list and I've heard rumours of people waiting 2 years to get a place! But he's down now anyway. The swimming academy run lessons 50 weeks a year so much better than other lessons that stop for the holidays.
In other news, we had a good trip to London on Monday. Charlie utterly refused to get the tube so we ended up with a taxi from Marylebone to the clinic, from the clinic to the Science Museum and from there back to Marylebone! Science museum was ok, Charlie enjoyed it but it's never been one of my favourites.
Blood test was ok and I got my results back today which show that my Natural Killer Cells levels are raised. That basically means that whenever my body detects an embryo it thinks it is a foreign cell, like a cancer cell or something and sets out to destroy it. I am pleased that I finally have an answer about why I haven't been able to get pregnant/stay pregnant over the years because it can be treated with steriods and asprin. There are no guarrantees that I will get pregnant this time as it can several attempts for the steroid levels to build up but at least this time something positive is being done.
2 days to go until the ICSI cycle starts properly and it's looking like my first scan will be a week on Friday.
1 comment:
Thanks Merry and thanks for the distraction offer.
Helen - I am really glad that your license to import looks good to go - that is great news!
Post a Comment