Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekend Catch up

Things got slightly better after my post on Friday and I managed to pull myself together enough so that I wasn't jelly on the floor when Bev got home. Charlie phoned us several times on Friday, upon arrival, before dinner and after dinner which was nice.

Saturday we braved Milton Keynes primarily to choose curtain material, blind material and poles in John Lewis and also to finish buying the rest of Charlie's christmas presents. So that's all done now with the exception of one thing I'll order online. John Lewis peeps are coming to measure up and quote in a couple of weeks. We picked lovely boat/seaside material for Charlie's blinds as well and had a delicious lunch in there too. I had goats cheese and chicken burger on focacia with a spicy pear chutney and Bev had marinated halloumi and veg kebabs with cous cous.

We then went over to Ikea to buy the new shelves, cd unit, coffee table and tv unit and managed to end up with a nice new leather office chair for me too. Nearly died at the bill and nearly died again at customer service at the bill for delivery and assembly but needs must.

We took the coffee table, chair and tv unit home and Bev bravely assembled the lot whilst I watched Casualty!

Today started with Ikea delivering the rest of the furniture and me going shopping. After lunch Charlie came home and was thrilled to see that he had a new computer chair (my old one)and we spent the afternoon watching a dvd together. Early dinner and bed for Charlie as his week of swimming lessons start tomorrow and I also have the day off.

Swimming lesson 9.20-10am and then we're straight off to London on the train for my clinic appointment.

1 comment:

Claire said...

You did!! I've only ever bought childrens furniture in there not grown up stuff! Me thinks you might be confused about exactly *whose* house you've wondered into the next time you're here......

Today was ok thanks and my weeps was hormones and combined tiredness!