Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Charlie Catch Up

There isn't a great deal to say but I shall waffle anyway.

The intensive swimming course last week was amazing. There were 6 children in his group and they were the only people in either pool the entire week for the duration of the lesson. This was excellent as it meant it wasn't noisy enough to distress or distract Charlie.

There were two teachers for the group and I can honestly say they are best teachers I have ever seen. They assessed the children and then split them into two groups of three and each teacher took a group, although they swapped over frequently as well. It was amazing to watch all the children improve within minutes each day. Charlie loved these lessons and so is on the main swimming academy list for full time lessons now. All the children got a certificate at the end of the week.

It was tricky getting him up at 7.45 each morning so we could leave at 8.45 to drop Bev in work before lessons at 9.20 but he managed it despite his exhaustion and I was really proud of him for actually listening to the teachers for the majority of the time - he normally finds that hard in a pool.

We've had maths tantrums and refusal and going slow all week which has been frustrating but today he did amazing maths work - very focused and got on with it. He did a nice selection of WWS and Miquon and was really proud of himself when something finally clicked.

We've had the usual varying conversations and questions all week and as always the detail has left my mind but suffice to say that boy still amazes me with his knowledge and manages to make me feel really dumb. I must brush up on my aeronautical engineering knowledge.

He's been investigating plane engine design on the net and reading loads and loads as usual too. His favourite game at the moment is to go to B and buy military planes off her for millions and pay with his credit card - rofl.

He's also done loads of lincoln log and HappyMais play and also did one of the hama designs from kit we bought from Merry. At the weekend I bought him some new games for his PSP and he's played some golf on that as well. I got AC:WW for my DS and am not really sure how you play it! Must get Merry to give me a tutorial when I see her next!

In a dangerous moment on Friday when I was on the internet with my credit card next to me I booked us a little break to Disneyland Paris for the bank holiday weekend. We're staying in London on Friday night and then off on the Eurostar on Sat morning and returning Monday night. Expensive - very - worth it - for sure! Charlie was so excited when we told him as he still has no clue about DisneyWorld in Jan for his birthday.

I had to ring the clinic today and they have bought my baseline scan forward to tomorrow afternoon. The nurse reckons I will be down regged enough to start injecting tomorrow and has kindly agreed to write me a letter listing all my meds for eurostar! I'm not too bothered about the usual menopur injections but not looking to take the steriods much. I already bloat up so much on the IVF drugs so its not like I need steroids to add to that! I've been having to wear maternity jeans as it is since I started the pill, which is disturbing.

So that's me, a bit tired, a bit stressed, suffering from either sweats or shivers alternately (my immune system kicking in/side effects of sniffs), achey limbs and headaches and tomorrow I've got my first encounter with the dildocam to look forward to!

No comments: