Thought I'd better do a quick blog before I get hibernated again. Nasty flu turned into something nastier which ended up with me in hospital in the early hours of Thursday morning. An ECG,chest x-ray, CT scan, blood tests and an unmentionaby painful lumbar puncture later and they let me out none the wiser whats happening. I was pretty bummed at getting ill as I was supposed to be going to the trade toy fair in London at the weekend!
Been back to the hospital twice and finally been given anti-biotics to see if that will get rid of the blinding head pain.
Lumbar puncture was hideous, and I'm ashamed to say I sobbed like a baby. The idiot registrar didn't wait for the local to work first, despite being told I'm hard to numb, he also then couldn't find the right space, after also being warned that I have a funny spine and my epidural was difficult too - moron. Apparently he panicked called for the consultant too, but I was too busy to notice through my tears. I never cry at medical stuff - pathetic!
So I'm spending all my time lying flat with occassional bouts of sitting up which make me feel sick and my head throb. On that note I'm off to bed!
4 comments:
There is *nothing* pathetic about sobbing through a lumbar puncture - I bet the registrar would have done the same. (((Huge Hugs))) to you, and feeling-much-better-really-soon vibes coming your direction.
How awful! Hope you feel tons better soon.
Get well soon Claire xxx
How terrible for you all! Hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment