Things are starting to get back to normal here, I am mostly recovered except for pretty much continual headaches that come and go throughout each day. Being laid up for 2 weeks has had its bonuses though - I've lost a stone.
I dragged myself out of the house on Thursday and we went into town and had a lovely lunch in a cafe we discovered. Charlie had the most gorgeous caesar salad with bits of chicken and bacon - it was yummy and huge portions. We then did some sorting out at the bank, and mooched around the shops a little, buying Charlie 3 tops in Gap. He was thrilled to get one with a sailing ship on - still obsessed with all things nautical and sea life -like that boy.
I got tired quite quickly so we came home although we returned to town on Friday, and we all got new clothes and the dog got food,a whistle and a new toy. Had a rather nice cake and drink stop in the M&S cafe.
Charlie has been so good the last two weeks whilst I've been ill. Predictably he's had very little attention but has dealt with it well.
We spent some time together yesterday afternoon tidying up all his toys/books etc and finally finding places for his large xmas presents. He very sensibly decided which things to get rid of that he no longer played with and the end result is that it all fits nicely on his shelves now. He does need a new bookcase though as his non-fiction books are taking over and there is no more room for anything.
I sorted out all his workbooks too, recycling the ones he has completed and designating a tray for all the ones he is currently using. I added a couple of pencils, a sharpener, ruler and a rubber to that tray and he now has everything he needs on a daily basis in one place. Much easier for him to just bring the whole tray downstairs that way.
He's drawing on the computer at the moment using "Paint" and is getting really angry and upset that he can't make it do what he wants it to. Sigh. He has such frustration issues!
No comments:
Post a Comment