Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Nine Million Bicycles

Is it a crime to just be listening to a cd you received for christmas? Anyway, tis a fabulous cd, enjoying it lots.

I've just experienced the most bizare thing ever with Charlie, something that I never, ever believed would happen. After the usual hissy fit about getting on with some work he did his usual two pages of Premier Maths. I then asked him to do a page in his Miquon Orange book. It was multiplication and adding. Five minutes later he was back finished, and hadn't used his rods or asked Bev for help!!! I nearly fell off my chair as I had thought it would be way beyond his capabilities. I decided to double check a few of the sums verbally and he still got them all right! I never believed I would see the day when he could do mental maths however basic. I'm thrilled for him. He then astounded me even more by asking to do some maths flashcards!

1 comment:

dawniy. said...

wooow super isn't it when things start to happen , especially unexpected :) well done.

Dawniy xx

www.dawniys.com/learningtogether