Not a very good day for me in the end, I've ended up with a massive stress headache that won't shift despite numerous painkillers thrown down my throat. Might have to resort to the narcotic painkillers next.
Had an interesting business meeting this morning about some new lines I am planning to stock when I re-open my business later this year. Got to play with some groovy educational toys which was fun.
Dashed off to the first dog training class this morning - not that we did any training, just went through the manual. The trainer, Tony, is very funny, although I'm not too convinced that he would be funny out on the windy field in the pouring rain. He says he may let us use the indoor school if we're good.....
Got home and then we had lunch again made by Charlie. He has really been a star whilst Bev has been gone, it's really made me realise how much I miss it just being him and me, and things are a lot calmer as he can't get mad at her for not playing with him!
Spent the next 3 hours trying to do some work inbetween the stupid phone ringing non-stop, before dashing out to Charlie's first session at Gymanstics Club.
Charlie had a wonderful time doing pikes, stars, v sits, bar work, cartwheels, handstands and various other things that neither he nor I understood the technical words for! He seemed to really enjoy and had one of the coaches in fits of laughter about something. Us parents are banished to the cloakroom with a tiny gap in the blind/window to look through, so I'm not sure what its about. I think he was being a bit of a drama queen about hurting his back doing a bridge!
The hour class passed quickly and the two other mothers that were waiting too were very pleasant. There was a terribly scary moment about 15 minutes before the class ended when this gaggle of very tiny, fragile looking 4-5 year old girls arrived for their 2 hour development class from 5.30-7.30. They were so small and the mothers seemed unhappy about leaving them that long after a long day at school, but they had been picked from last terms general class to be "developed" further. This means 4 hours a week of classes for them.
We dashed back home and Charlie jabbered the whole way home in the car which was lovely, he hasn't been this animated about anything for a *long* time.
Dinner done, Charlie ran his bath and bathed himself and he's in bed having read but nowhere near asleep as usual!
Hairdressers for him tomorrow - his hair is totally covering his eyes so he's agreed to have a trim which he will dictate to the hairdresser!
2 comments:
Glad it went well - congrats to Charlie!
2 hours after school at that age - way too long! But glad everything else went well, apart from the headache of course.
Post a Comment