Monday, January 09, 2006

Busy day

Day started badly with a phone call waking me up at an ungodly - not impressed! Charlie wasn't too enthralled at being dragged out of bed before 11am either. Did the usual getting up, breakfast, feeding the dog thing, and then let Charlie out to do his "duty" It's kind of amusing after doing thousands of nappy changes to watch your nearly 8 year old moan and groan about popper scooping, a bit like revenge for all those really disgusting dirty nappies he gave me!

We whizzed off to the office to return my work, procur more and collect my mum as she had finished all she needed to do by 11am and didn't want to wait for my dad to finish. They usually take two cars if my mum wants to come home early, but I pointed out that was a disgrace to the environment and I'd pick her up. Took mum to the bank and then went to the tip to empty the boot of the various big boxes we had accumulated at christmas.

Dropped mum off at home where Charlie elected to stay with her rather than come to food shopping with me, so I had a pleasant 45 minutes to myself even if it was only to do the shopping. Managed to get Charlie some jogging bottoms ready for gymastics club tomorrow. Went home, unpacked shopping and walked the dog to mum's to collect Charlie.

And then we had lunch.

After lunch we walked the dog around the lake and tried to do some lead work - ha! It's a good thing he starts obedience classes tomorrow - I swear we'll get thrown out!

Charlie swept the kitchen floor for me when we got back and then mopped it too whilst I got on with some work.

Made another Jamie O recipe tonight - "Awesome Spinach and Ricotta Canelloni" - very nice it was too.

Charlie is busy looking at the RNLI site tonight. He spent a few hours on their last night too. I've ordered some free safety on the sea and sailing type guides from there for him, with a CD-Rom too as he was desperate to have them. He got the link from his much loved Shipwrecks book. He says he is going to design a lifeboat for them in a bit.

Tomorrow is another busy one, 1st dog training class(such an oxy-moron saying that for Monty) at lunch time and then Charlie's first session at the gymnastics club in the afternoon. It'll be the first time in over a year he's been anywhere where there is a large group of school children, so I'm not sure how he'll cope.

1 comment:

Classroomfree said...

Ooh, I hope both the dog training the the gymnastics go well. I look forward to hearing about them :-)