Thursday, December 23, 2004

Quiet, boring day....

We stayed at home yesterday, didn't even get dressed!

I motored on with my work, and finished both files, so now I can have Thursday and Friday off. Head office closes on Friday afternoon anyway, and doesn't re-open until the 4th, so I get at least some time with Charlie over the festive season!

I was reminiscing about being in Florida this time last year, was such a fab holiday. Being totally honest, although we were only there for a week, it really was the most time I have ever spent with Charlie, which was fantastic. On other types of holidays there have been times for reading, or other things, but at Disney World, you are just on the go all day every day, and therefore together all the time. I have such fond memories of the holiday because of this, we talked and experienced more things together than we probably ever have.

Charlie has read several novels today, played with his playmobil and with his play money too. It was very interesting last night, as he was desperately trying to add up 1750 Euros and £260. He tried really hard, and although he hasn't quite got the hang of counting in 20's, he can do 10's fine, 50's ok, and struggles a little with 100's. I can see the potential to do some work on this in the new year. I will try and tie it in with our roman project I think.

Tomorrow SKY is being installed which I am very excited about. I love all the documentaries on there, and Charlie adores all the nature, science and history programs too. When we're at my parents he watches nothing but Animal Planet and hates leaving. I think it will be a really useful home ed tool. Discovery kids looks interesting too and helpful.

No comments: