The day started with the alarm going off at 7.15 and me promptly switching it off, only to be woken at 8.15 by the postman. She had a parcel from Charlies' dad - obviously his christmas present, and the first to EVER arrive before christmas! I won't say too much except that I do hope it isn't yet another present of which Charlie has no interest in. I know its the thought that counts - but with your father - it should be something you actually like surely?! As he hasn't seen him for nearly 2 years now, and hasn't e-mailed me for ideas I don't hold out too many hopes.
I am a little impressed that its arrived in time for a change though.
So after forcing Charlie to get up - much too early for him - we left for Bristol, arriving at 9.40. Shops were pretty busy but not as bad as I had expected. The queue to get into the multi-storey and the wait for a space was the worst part.
We had a very decadent breakfast at the shopping centre of raisin danishes and apple juice - yummy! The decorations were gorgeous, much better than the Mall, interestingly.
We headed into Virgin to get my brother's present, a very helpful assistant spent ages helping me find the 2 DVD's for him. The Charlie decides he needs the loo - and helpfully in this huge 3 storey high shopping centre there is only one set of toilets and there are on the top floor - huge groan.
I got a much needed pair of new jeans in Debenhams and we had a nosey round WH Smiths but didn't see anything we fancied. That was the busiest shop of all - it was bursting. Had a look in a couple of other shops for new coats for both of us but didn't seen anything I liked at all, which was disappointing.
We left then and went into Yate, so we could return our library books, pick up two I had reserved and go to the bank. We also had lunch. I bought Charlie a couple of new novels and a book about the UK and also found a DK Eyewitness "Monster" DVD for £3, which was a bargain.
Then we went to meet D and her 5 children from the South Glos HE group. That was really lovely, Charlie really enjoyed himself and loved all their pets - they had an iguana, pole cats, dogs, cats, kittens, rabbits, rats...errrmmm I think that's it! Charlies' face when he realised the huge iguana sat on the window sill was real, was priceless!
After a lovely chat and a cup of tea, we had to leave and went on to my parents to return my files and pick up more work. Surprisingly there were no comments at all about HE - but fear not - I can tell mother is planning a conversation! I can always tell when she is "picking her moment".
Shortly after dinner I sent Charlie to bed early as he was being really obnoxious. I've been reading some more of "Free Range Education" and am really enjoying it so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment