Sunday, December 26, 2004

Boxing Day

Deep breath in, Charlie is driving me nuts. I'm just wondering if this kind of pathetic, can't even understand what I'm saying kind of behaviour is to do with de-schooling and needing to regress by about 6 years to do so. I really lost my rag earlier as he couldn't understand the relatively simple instruction to unplug everything in his play room! He's been unplugging things for me on a daily basis for me for months. Setting up his playstation and tv today seems to have confused him. I *just* don't get it.

His behaviour really has been on a downward spiral since half term, and stupidly I thought that as soon as he knew he wouldn't have to go back to school again, it would all stop, but obviously not! I don't get any sympathy/understanding from friends, as he really is angelic compared to most people's children apparently, but that doesn't really help when he isn't doing what I've asked.

Maybe I need to reassess how I respond to him. He really is starting to test boundaries he's had for a long time now. I know that around this age boys get a huge serge of testosterone and it really freaks some of them out. He's always described his "bad" behaviour at school as "I feel wobbly", so I guess that would tie in with a hormone surge.

Talking of hormones, I've been back on the hormone pills for IVF for 3 days now, and I really am starting to feel the nausea side effect. God knows what I will be like when I start down regulating on the 10th. Puts the body into temporary menopause - haha, Good thing I'm single I reckon!

Charlie has spent most of the day reading, playing his play station - or rather just getting frustrated and yelling at it and watching DVD's. We didn't even wake up until 11 - scandalous!

4 comments:

Jax Blunt said...

Welcome to the blogring. Will put a link to you in my post today so that ppl know you're here ;)

Joyce said...

I found you :-) Come along and see me too. Mine is home educating Hannah (tho is about to be re-named)

Claire said...

Thanks Jax - you're a total star - I'm so excited to be in the "ring". Jeez I really must get out more!

Claire said...

Hi Joyce - pleased you found me :) I will pop around the blog ring now to play catch up!