Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Who stole my monkey?

Ok, this isn't funny now, I know I shouldn't complain but Charlie is doing maths without complaining, extra maths voluntarily and it's scary but in a good way.

Up early again today and once Merry had let us know she wasn't coming I was able to formulate a plan. So after showers and breakfast I got straight on with my work (at 7.45 again!) and Charlie read for a bit and watched some Discovery Kids.

Then it was time for maths, again 7 pages and then after that I suggested I went through the rest of the Spark Island workbook with them and write the answers in so we could finish it. So after 7 pages in a variety of other books we whizzed through and finished the SI workbook.

Then it was time for lunch and after lunch Charlie went back upstairs whilst I continued with my last file. When I got upstairs 30 minutes later he announced that he was doing four more pages in a whizzard whimstaff book because he liked it. I *think* I fainted at this point.

So he did that and I finished my work and Bev came home from work and by 2pm we were all able to spend some guilt free time together and I didn't once need to say "in a minute - I'm working" which was rather nice. Charlie spent some time on various websites and sent me some e-cards from yahooligans including a cute one of a chimp telling me he loves me.

We did the file swap at my mum's and took her the rest of the banana bread for her and my dad to enjoy later and then we all had an ice lolly. It was much hotter here today - yuck.

Charlie didn't eat much dinner again today although surprisingly had room for a yum-yum!

Charlie in bed and once again I did some more work in an attempt to free up some daylight hours for him - Bev not impressed but he needs to come first. Also packed a couple of orders tonight ready for tomorrow - that's 3 this week and considering I don't rank in google yet, that's not bad.

The following is probably tmi and very OT HE for most so I apologise in advance.

I was surprised today by the arrival of my period - bizarely early again. So assuming that it has definitely arrived and isn't just arsing around this means I will start taking the pill in the next day or two ready for my next IVF.

So now I'm a bit scared and that feels weird to admit but I'm mostly scared of seeing the utter devastation on Charlie's face if it doesn't work again, scared that the recipient won't get pregnant and weirdly scared that my natural killer cells test will come back negative because if that happens then I'm stuck with a diagnosis of unexplained infertility which can't be actively treated. I know it must seem odd to pray for something that means your body attacks and kills your precious embryos but I need to know there is a reason why after 7 years of treatment it hasn't worked. NKC can be treated easily enough with steroids and heparin, unexplained infertility can't be treated. I need to find time (ha!) now to go into London and get the blood test done preferrably before the 19th Aug when I start down regulation.

Ive been working out when everything should happen now with IVF because after my ambulance ride last time with OHSS I am going to take off two weeks from work from the date of egg collection, which is looking like being Monday 11th September. I hate the two week wait with a vengance and can never concentrate on work. Charlie was sweet this morning and gave my eggs/womb a good talking to - crazy boy - he is so desperate for a sibling - pref a girl but really he'd be happy with either, he just prefers girls as friends. I heard him telling Lionel (bear from the bear factory) that he has to be good if mummy gets pregnant or else he'll have to sleep in the garden!

2 comments:

Struthie said...

I really hope this IVF is the one for you Claire - good luck mate xxx

Classroomfree said...

Hoping that the IVF works out for you Claire. I'll be thinking of you.
Wow @ Charlie and his Maths! Wish the same Maths motivation could be found here within my lot! Mind you, I think I need to find the motivation for it first...