Having had that weird phone conversation bright and early on Monday morning when I had to choose and reserve my sperm (it's American too!) and having decided in the meantime that due to various reasons (financial, work and biz related) I was going to put back my next ICSI/egg share until October-ish - the clinic called me this morning, very stressed because they had been trying to get me whilst at Merry's yesterday.
They've matched me up with a recipient for my donor eggs already and were calling to ask if I was all set to go. My heart sank because really I should have said no, but knowing that some woman, somewhere in this country had received a call telling them that after 5 years on the waiting list they had found a donor match for her and they were just checking whether she was ready to start, made me say "yes!" I couldn't be responsible for the heartbreak I knew it would cause if I said no and she went back to the bottom of the list. It makes me smile knowing that a couple somewhere are celebrating tonight.
1 comment:
I'm sharing the love and the eggs! Lol. I'll just stick my fingers in my ears and lalalalala when I get the bill!
Post a Comment