Life with my boy, including seven years of home ed.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Not a good start to the day - only 10am and we've had a major meltdown and he's wailing in his room. I'm so sick of the rudeness and the teenage attitude, I really dislike 8 year olds.
Hi Claire - I found you through Sarah's site - 2 red boots. It seems you're not far from me, as I live in Somerton, a few miles west of Bicester.
I do understand about the 8 going on 18 thing. We used to quote terrible twos, fearsome threes, frightening fours, fractious fives. Eventually it became obvious this is just How Things Are. I suspect this is just how things are with growing kids. :/
We're now at a genuine 18. He stayed out all night last night (we knew he was at a party). At least you can talk to them like adults at this age, even if you don't always get the response you want ;¬)
Always tough to have a day start like that. On a good day, we get outside or do something active and fun to get the mood changed - but it's not always do-able :-\
2 comments:
Hi Claire - I found you through Sarah's site - 2 red boots. It seems you're not far from me, as I live in Somerton, a few miles west of Bicester.
I do understand about the 8 going on 18 thing. We used to quote terrible twos, fearsome threes, frightening fours, fractious fives. Eventually it became obvious this is just How Things Are. I suspect this is just how things are with growing kids. :/
We're now at a genuine 18. He stayed out all night last night (we knew he was at a party). At least you can talk to them like adults at this age, even if you don't always get the response you want ;¬)
Always tough to have a day start like that. On a good day, we get outside or do something active and fun to get the mood changed - but it's not always do-able :-\
Post a Comment