Thursday, May 04, 2006

Catching Up again

Charlie had a wonderful time in Yorkshire by all accounts - lots of walking and hill climbing. He's been utterly exhausted ever since he came back, totally flaking out at bed time.

Before he came back on Monday Bev and I mooched over to Bicester Village for a browse. As usual Charlie ended up with more clothes (Ralph Lauren) and we ended up with nothing. I do love those discount outlets though and both the tops we got were also in the sale so even better. No way would I pay £90 for a RL jumper (ready for next winter) but at the reduced price it was more amenable.

We had brunch whilst we were there which was delicious.

I've been so busy with work and the buisness all week and Charlie's been exhausted so has only done maths workbooks once but we've all been enjoying daily strolls round the Lakes each evening after dinner. The ducklings are so cute and incredibly tame, coming out of the water most days and right up to you. The Lakes are beautiful at this time of year.

Charlie spent all day in the garden today once he'd got up.

I was at the hospital again this afternoon, this time for my ENT appointment having a telescope shoved up my nose, that was bad but the anaethestic spray was far worse. Between the taste, the retching and the suffocating feeling I was not impressed. The stupid registrar didn't even tell me what it was until after she had finished! Anyway I have a polyp in one side but she said that doesn't explain all my symptoms and as its unusual to only have them one side I need a CT scan to look at a sinus further in my skull or something.

I'm going to be peeing bright green stuff soon with all this radiation - I've already had one CT, three sets of x-rays this year and now I'm waiting for another CT plus an MRI for my knees. Then there's all the internal ultrasounds in August for the IVF. I did tell her about that and she said the CT appointment would come in a month or less.

Popped into town afterwards to grab my dad a birthday present and treated Bev to some new togs too. Got home and had dinner then round to my parents to see my dad. Also went for a lovely walk around the lakes - gorgeous evening and cute ducklings as always.

1 comment:

Classroomfree said...

Glad Charlie had a great time :-D The lake sounds perfectly blissful, so nice to live so near.