Thursday, May 25, 2006

Who's bright idea was it to start (again) an online business?! My eye's are so crossed after spending every night from 6-11pm in uploading stock to the website, for the last two weeks solid, I'm beginning to hate wooden toys and soft ones too, and I STILL haven't finished! Still waiting for some suppliers to send CD's of images and still waiting for one box of stock to arrive. I don't think of people's names anymore, they're just a SKU number and price to me.......!!

Only 19 more days left to get it all finished as well - which idiot decided to go to camp 9 days before her e-commerce site went live?!!

Anyway, education wise, Charlie has been pretty focussed this week, maybe having less hair weighing on his head helps.

Back on track with SL and he's really enjoying Greeks - I knew he would. For a change he's reading the read alouds to me rather than to himself as atm its Usborne Greek Myths He's loving it and I'm enjoying some of my favourite stories too. The only thing that's slightly frustrating is that I'm sure they are using some of the Roman rather than Greek names and it's bugging me.

Maths - dare I say it - is coming along nicely. He has had a definite leap in ability this year, although I suspect he is behind his age peers but I don't care - there's a good reason the calculator was invented. He still has a monumental female teenage sob when he opens his workbook and sees some of the sums - especially if they aren't written in a straight forward manner - which being Miquon, they're frequently not. But once he calms down (takes some time) and is helped, he can easily do most of them. He quite likes division now but gets mega stressed by sums like ?=6/2+5*15 but he can do those with ease now. Me, I just look at them and cry and happily yell for Mummy 2 to come and hand out assistance.

1 comment:

Classroomfree said...

I'm sure it will all be worth it :-)