Most of the last three days have disappeared into a mish mash of work, work (and today has been particularly stressful ensuring that I've spent all day dreaming of a day when I'm no longer employed!) and yet more work but we managed to leave the house today with my parents for the Venture viewing. Some really gorgeous photos and my parents managed to spend a disgraceful amount on prints, one for them of the family, one for my brother of him and Charlie (really lovely) and one for me of Charlie and I. I was fully expecting to have to pay for mine myself and therefore went armed with my credit card but my delightful parents treated me to a much upgraded option.
Charlie got rather upset at seeing all the pics of him "with" his hair - he *definitely* won't be cutting it himself again!
We've been finishing up on Egypt with Sonlight and SOTW so have done about 6 weeks of work in the last three days and Charlie is looking forward to moving on to Greeks next week. He's still Egyptian mad though.
He's loving the Hobbit and I love seeing him enjoying a book I loved too at around the same age. I've had such a kick over the last 3 years of seeing him read so many of my old books. It's strange that our reading ages are/were identical compared with our chronological age, at least he has inherited something from me. He has his father's obsessive love of nature and cartology, that's for sure.
Spurred on by a series of very late nights - it was 1am before he went to sleep on Monday and 12.30 last night, we tried a new strategy which encompassed a warm bath with candle light and muumy 2 reading him poems at his request! Bribed him into staying in bed with promises of considering a double loft bed for him (really just a cunning plan to gain more space his room - sounds odd when he has the largest bedroom!) Seems to have worked though - he hasn't reappeared since I tucked him in at 8.45.
Had slightly panicked thoughts this evening when I realised that only 6 months after moving into a new house we've seriously outgrown it already due to starting the business and loosing a bedroom to a stock room. No idea how we'll remedy this, we had a discussion about having to chest of drawers in the sitting room if we ever manage to get pregnant again.
We're off to the Baby Show at the NEC on Saturday with our free trade tickets, checking it out with the intention of exhibiting there next year and probably at their show in London too. Hoping to chat to some suppliers too.
We need to get our plants and pear tree planted this weekend too - well Bev does whilst I give helpful tips from the sitting room :)
No comments:
Post a Comment