Predictably the recycling centre was the epitome of bank holiday hell this morning. Second worst thing about being in business is the amount of huge cardboard boxes you end up that can't be reused for customer orders! Still we ridded the garage of ten million boxes and even managed to fit a small filing cabinet in.
We had planned to continue on into Bicester to go swimming but really bizarely the leisure centre was closed! Whats that about? Everywhere else I lived (Bucks, Herts and Glos/Avon) have kept theirs open on a bank holiday - talk about throwing away money! I rang the Banbury one too and that was also closed.
So we decided to pop over to the restaurant opposite the Designer village and had a rather nice lunch before returning home.
Charlie decided to play Sonic Heros on his playstation and didn't reappear for several house so Bev and I took advantage of that and finished sorting the stock room. All the stock boxes are now labelled with the relevant stock codes on the outside so it's easy to see where everything is and so that my parents can't make any mistakes if/when they pack any orders!
We also packed several orders - bank holidays can be strange. The first one this year we didn't sell anything but the last two have been busy. Those disney princesses certainly go down well.
I had a lovely lie in this morning listening to Bev and Charlie having lovely conversations in his room whilst B dismantled the filing cabinet. They ranged from how funny it would be if we arrived at Kessingland and there were no statics left I was shown to a tent (NOT even remotely amusing!!) and Charlie would enjoy seeing me freak out and packing to go home, to something or other to do with micro climates.
Plan for tomorrow is back to normals and I must contact the Sailing Club we found in Banbury as Charlie is desperate to start. Need to find a swimming teacher to hire here as none of the leisure centre do private lessons which is frustrating. Might also try and pop into town to the craft shop to pick up some scrapbooking supplies as Charlie wants to have a go.
He's also keen to do both Illustration Friday and Photo Friday this week and I've also promised to try and find a painting/drawing class for him too.
No comments:
Post a Comment