Charlie's away with my parents this weekend at the rather nice looking Devonshire Arms staying in a fabulous suite that's been described to me in minute detail over the phone by him! It's a two floor suite and his room is in the eaves and has a hiding place that he is rather taken by. He's done all sorts today from a 4.5 mile walk, to going to the Stride, seeing an aquaduct and a falconry centre. He's definitely enjoying the afternoon teas and 3 course dinners and apparently is charming the pants off all the staff as usual! Mum said the waiter was gobsmacked when he refused the kids menu last night (he nevers eats off childrens menus) and the manager keeps hi-fiving him when they pass and laughs because Charlie would rather shake hands! They all greet him by name too which he loves - bless.
As for Bev and I we went into Birmingham yesterday by train - my first time and did some shopping at the Bull Ring - god what a hell hole - so busy. Loved Selfridges though and was seriously tempted by some stuff in there, eat Krispy Kremes and stopped some teenage girls from shop lifting too. We took a train ride out to the airport as Bev has never been in one and watched some planes take off. Showed her the check-in desks etc. I love airports and get so excited when I'm in one.
We had a huge lie this morning as Charlie was up at 5.50 yesterday morning in his excitement to get going to the Moors and then went to a restaurant in the village for lunch as our anniversary treat. I had to work this afternoon (just finished!!)and also packed a couple of orders.
Tomorrow we are off to the tip and Bicester village. Bev put up the three bookcases we bought for the stock room and now all the stock is pretty much arranged in them. Panicking slightly as we've almost run out of boxes, yet have two more orders arriving soon and one is the Ostheimer order, so praying there is just enough space. Can already see problems with expanding the business due to storage as we've got initial plans to have 1-3 new product lines every month for the next 12 months at least.
I treated myself to a gorgeous Radley travel bag which I ordered online. It was hideously expensive but I justify as I travel so much. It's my mum's fault as she bought me a Radley bag for my birthday. Also placed an order for toiletries etc online, trying Urtekram this time. Spent several fruitless hours searching for ogranic clothing for over 8's as well - very frustrating.
Education wise, over the last week Charlie has carried on with his usual autonomous learning - writing his novel, doing his Egypt project, making a wand, bird stuff etc coupled with me demanding some maths each day too - but the fuss over this really seems to have disappeared now. He's also been very involved in the business - picking the products so I can pack and helping unpack and count stock when it arrives. I've taught him how to put a clothes wash on too and as long as I tell him which program letter I require he can do this totally reliable now which is nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment