....to iron hama bead designs - and I'm one of them!
Good start to the day - loads of post including a small bundle of hama stuff from Merry. Charlie had chosen an egg board, chick board, and a bag of pastel and solid beads for the fab easter designs on Merry's site. He was thrilled to get them and decided to start on the egg design before I'd even woken up properly let alone him having breakfast!
I ended up doing much of the design for him as we don't currently have a colour printer so were working from the saved image on his pc screen, and he found it quite hard to follow. It was nice to do something crafty together after so long - been at least 18 months since we did hama together.
Then I ironed it - I can never get it right! Drives me nuts - I either don't manage to get all the beads to fuse or I over fuse them as happened this time - ggrrrrr. My ex was much better at the ironing thing - knew I should have asked Bev to do it but she was resting in bed after being awoken by a horrendous nose bleed earlier.
Charlie started the chick design after that - will blog photos tomorrow.
We went into town at lunch time so Charlie could buy my birthday presents. He and Bev went off and did that and then Charlie treated us all to lunch and cake in the M&S cafe - much appreciated!
Browsed in Ottakar's - bought an easter cooking book for Charlie and the updated local Let's Go with the Children book and then Charlie dragged us into the museum where a rather good Tudor exhibition was on. Charlie liked the fact that there were so many artifacts on show and that some could be touched.
Charlie nearly managed to fall in the canal on the way back to the car park.
I've spent an exciting hour or so reading the whopping great big 200 page VAT guide that arrived with our registration certificate.
We were supposed to be going to the Natural and Organic trade show in London tomorrow but can't because of the dog as my parents left for Egypt yesterday - pah.
1 comment:
LOL! I must just try that.... :)
Post a Comment