Yet another frustrating week where I feel we haven't achieved anything educational because Charlie hasn't sat and done his normals or anything - arrggghhhh. Feel pretty much like leaving it until after Christmas now as it's going to be November before we move!
We went back up to Oxfordshire on Wednesday as Bev had an interview for a job there. We went shopping in Banbury first and managed to find lots of bits and bobs we wanted for the new house including getting Charlie to chose some new towels for his bathroom. He's very proud of his new white towels with penguins on.
Managed to find him some desert boots in M&S - size 1 now - arrggghhh very scary that he is in bigger sizes now!!! He also got some new jeans there too, fab ones with adjustable waist - totally necessary for him as he is such a skinny minny these days as well as being tall for his age.
On to my parents for lunch before Bev went off for her interview and then Charlie, mum and I went to the sales office to choose the flooring for our new house - very exciting too. Then across to the house to measure up for curtain poles and blinds. Found out we are getting a freebie burgular alarm.
Bev and my dad both got back around 4pm ish and we had a lovely roast chicken dinner before driving home.
Tonight I decided to tackle painting the kitchen. This had to be done as it specifically states in the tenancy agreement that all decorating must be made "good" before leaving - very strict landlady! I had sent Bev out earlier for kitchen paint and it didn't become apparent until about half was done that she had purchased ordinary silk emulsion. And the colour was like a bunch of bananas at Gay Mardi Gras!!
I swore a lot, gave up a lot and have finally decided to leave ALL the re-painting to the concierge service I use. At £10 per hour plus vat and materials it isn't going to be cheap but I am now officially sick of all of things decorating.
The house will be all magnolia by the time we depart - surely the landlady can't object to that??
No comments:
Post a Comment