Sunday, September 25, 2005

Another busy weekend has passed in a blur of yet more de-cluttering, tile painting, window frame scubbing and general cleaning. I *think* we are now ready to start the mamouth task of painting the hall, stairs and landing and kitchen and spare room before we move. That will teach me to put paint samples on walls a year ago and not do anything about it until a few weeks before we move!

The spare room is going to be the worst job - very small box room painted quite a deep lilac - at least a 2 coat job to cover it I imagine!

We went for a lovely walk this afternoon - taking our usual route across the fields to the shop just outside the village. Charlie collected a respectable haul of conkers - the first we've seen this year.

Since our tomotoes did so well we've decided to try and grow some more of our own fruit and veg in our new garden. I've found a couple of excellent Kitchen Garden books on Amazon and I think we are going to attempt potatoes, courgettes and carrots/parsnips as well next year. Charlie has loved caring for the tomatoes this year and was *so* excited when he was able to harvest them.



No comments: