Yet another catch up post!
The rest of last week passed in a blur of work and the very exciting news that the offer on the house we want to buy has been accepted. Totally terrifying as its a huge amount, but considering ourselves very lucky that I have parents willing to "invest" the deposit for us to help us back on the ladder after 6 years of renting.
I *hated* having to step off the ladder when divorcing Charlie's dad but it had to be done at the time, so this is a very welcome surprise. My parents totally surprised us with us - not sure how I feel about being so *very* close to their new house but Charlie loves the idea and I suppose having a nature reserve/lakes as your back garden is pretty fab. We literally step out of the garden gate cross a path and we're in the nature reserve - so less than 10 yards.
Buying a brand new house has distinct advantages - lovely sparkly paint/wood work/bathroom/kitchen. I will be so glad to see the back of the dark brown kitchen cabinets and murky green bathroom suite here!!
Having no luck finding anything home ed group like in the area though which is a PITA and has had Charlie in tears. Ok, so there's the mysterious Oxford groups that meet most weeks - but that's a good 50-60 minute drive away - so not really practical for me with working at home. E-mailed the EO contact and two others listed for the wider area but no replies as yet.
Our local home ed group here met today for swimming which was really fun and I got to hold a baby for the first time in yonks which was both wonderful and sad at the same time - but I did love it - I'm such a "baby" person that I've found myself being introduced this way at home ed group!
Charlie had a fab time - larking around with the older ones and being as sweet as always with the toddler - he loved pushing her around in her floaty ring thing and pretending to chase her - so sweet.
1 comment:
Oooh, congratulations on the offer being accepted. Very excitin! Fingers crossed it all goes to plan. The new house sounds wonderful. I am very envious of you leaving the rental market, i would love to be able to own our own house.
Post a Comment