Just got back from my review with Jaya - wow it was really busy there today - loads of harrassed peopled who'd been delayed giving the receptionist a hard time! There had been delays from embryo transfers and the early morning clinic or something. We had to wait 30 mins to see Jaya - so not bad for us but others had been there more than an hour.
I felt it was a really good positive review and Jaya was as lovely and reassuring as ever.
She said that my eggs were all top quality and embryos beautiful too leading her to believe its an implantation/staying pregnant problem.
She thinks that in all likelihood my embryos did implant on day 5 post et and that the next day my progesterone levels plumetted. She also thinks there is a possibility that I have immune issues - like sticky blood or NK cell activity. She says from looking at my file and the details of the recipients those are the only explanations.
So I need blood tests for NK cells, antiphospholipid antibodies, anticardiolipin antibodies and lupus anticoagulant.
She said that any of those would be treated with steriods/heparin/baby asprin depending which and that I would leave the delights of the botty bombs/cyclogest behind and have the injections instead.
She will also recommed again that my embies are taken to blast if good enough.
She also said there is no problem with me egg sharing again and that I was "crazy to think she wouldn't put me through for that as my eggs are so perfect and I'm a great candidate."
So we have a plan of action which is good, and after checking figures and likely dates (because of flying to USA next November) I worked out I can cycle again May/June next year.
I feel so relieved that I can egg share again as I've wanted to do it since I was about 8 and heard about women that donate their eggs. It is *so* important to me that I can donate again.
It feels a bit strange to be on my way to a different IF diagnosis, I always assumed it was my endo - but it appears not. Jaya said there is no evidence at all that it is particularly "active/bad" at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment