Monday, February 14, 2005

I hate Maths, I hate Maths

That's me not Charlie. At the weekend Charlie received a very belated christmas present from his fathers' godmother. Belated only because his father (I hate calling him that - he's so not worthy of the title) had negated to forward it any sooner. Anyway, it was a rather generous book token, which is a fabulous present for Charlie obviously. On Saturday we went into Cirencester to Ottakars to spend it, and as well as various novels and sticker books, Charlie chose two maths workbooks with it.

I purposefully led him towards dropping down a level to the 5-6 year old books, and today he started the first one. Now I don't know what it is with the people that write these books, but the stuff in it is definitely year 2 maths, so god knows why it was labelled as it was. Anyway, it is considerably easier than the CGP book, and he happily and easily did 8 pages of it this morning. Success!

I spent most of yesterday thinking about treatment dates and trying to work out when to take our much planned 3 week Walt Disney World trip. After discussion with Charlie, looking at my savings spreadsheet and considering what would happen if I do manage to be lucky enough to get pregnant in July, we came to a decision between us!

We have decided that whether or not I get pg in July we will take a 10 day trip to the States to do Disney World in November and then we will do a 3 week trip once we have a sibling for Charlie, so hopefully January 2007. If I do get pregnant in July then I will only be 18/19 weeks by the time our planned November trip comes around, and the weather in Florida will be a pleasant 70-80 degrees so pretty perfect and I won't be too big either. If I'm not pregnant then it will just be a really nice trip anyway. We haven't been abroad since we went to Disney World for christmas 2003 - so we are both looking forward to it.

I am very excited about all the potential shopping, both for me, Charlie and maybe some baby shopping too. I love the stuff you can get over there, far more variety than here, invariably better quality and always better prices! It will be perfect for picking up some christmas presents too. I know I will be heading to the Ralph Lauren shop at the Premium outlets for presents for my parents!

1 comment:

Classroomfree said...

Oooh, baby shopping, my fave :-) Fingers crossed here for you.