Thursday
We pootled off to the clinic on the train yesterday, I am so sick of sitting on London bound trains now! We arrived slightly early so went for a stroll down the Kings Road and came across a film crew - clearly something to do with the Camilla/Charles announcement zzzzzzzzzz. The female reporter was rowing quite loudly with the cameraman about the background to their "piece" lol
The doctor said that she was recommending ICSI as a way forward for me coupled with the egg share IVF. I was slightly dismayed as this means quite a huge expense, but it will be worth it. This has delayed my next try to July though as it will take that long to save up. I'm a bit miffed by this as I've been waiting 6 long years already but hey.
After leaving the clinic we went to the Natural History Museum to finish off our visit from about 3 years ago. Charlie enjoyed the earthquake simulator although he was really nervous before we got on it - bless. The thing I noticed about the museum is that its so damn "wordy" - I just could not be arsed to read all the millions of notes everywhere that were so long winded too. Charlie bought a whale and shark sticker book in the shop with a 99p donation from me to add to his pocket money and played happily with it on the train home.
Friday
This morning Charlie did some more of his roman project, choosing mosaics this time. He also did some English workbook too and I found a clear description of how to make a lap book, showed it to Charlie and he really fancies the idea, so we'll be off to Hobby Craft at some point for the card.
I won two Horrible Histories on eBay the other day and Charlie has started the Groovy Greeks now , he's been reading that this afternoon whilst I worked.
We've got a really busy next week, he has 3 half term sports activities at the leisure centre and also the home ed group has arranged an Illustrator workshop with a childrens illustrator. There's only Wednesday when we haven't got anything arranged which is unusual for us.
1 comment:
Our niece was an ICSI baby. I haven't really thought of that for years as she is now seven, and very lovely too. All the best for your next try.
Post a Comment