Thursday, February 17, 2005

Don't mess with me

Yet another catch up post as I've not been feeling too fab this week.

Tuesday

A good day. Charlie did some maths and science in the morning, and then he went off for his short tennis activity at the leisure centre. He really enjoyed this but he and I both noticed that the instructor "had it in for him". I was really taken back by this as everyone normally takes to him straight away, especially adults and neither of us have experienced this before! I am utterly convinced it was to do with his hair cut.....! He made a fab coat of arms/shield as well.

Wednesday

Hmmm....he's sat down to do some maths and after about 5 minutes I hear "Mummy I'm too tired" Right said I, so off to bed you go (he'd only been up for 30 minutes) if you're too tired for maths, you must need a sleep. Surprisingly he went straight upstairs without a fuss, lay on my bed for 20 minutes, came downstairs and announced he felt much better after that rest. Ten minutes later, after a few sums had been done, the same thing was repeated. Moral of the story is here, don't bluff me to get out of doing maths - it isn't going to work! He did some English too. He spent most of the afternoon reading the childrens guide to Disney world I bought him for Christmas, and chattering away excitedly about what we're going to see and do in November.

Thursday

Charlie made granny a birthday card and did a beautiful butterfly from DWN. His writing was lovely and neat too, he was really pleased. We whizzed off to Cirencester to buy my mums present and whilst we were in Smiths, he raised his voice at me and after the second time and a warning I put back his Horrible Science magazine. Bizarrely a young ish woman came up to me and said "well done" and patted my arm. I was most bemused.

We've just had lunch and he's doing some maths now and then has proclaimed he is going to play in the garden because mummy has no imagination!

2 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Aww sorry to hear you haven't been feeling too good. (((hugs))) and hope you feel better really soon.

Rossi said...

Take care honey.
I would have been that woman. I get so fed up of parents making idle threats, not carrying them out and wondering why the child is still misbehaving.