Tuesday, November 08, 2005

We both had a lovely time at our local home ed group last week, but it was also sad because it will be our last before our move two weeks today. As yet, I haven't managed to unearth a single home ed group in our new area, and there is no way you could persuade me to join in with the weird "closed group" in Oxford! Who wants to drive 45 minutes to be "checked out" and "assessed" by other people who then decide if you are good enough/the right type/or whatever it is they think you should be before you can join in???

I can't believe that a town as big as the one we will be closest to has *nothing* going on - but apparently it doesn't! Nobody on the Oxfordshire yahoo group appears to be anywhere near us either - pah.

We've such a lovely group here and to go from being a founder member of that to a place where there is nothing isn't pleasant. Charlie was very upset to say goodbye to all his friends last week, and sobbed all the way home. Even being allowed to hold the TomTom and tell me which way to go didn't cheer him up!

In fact he was so upset there were murmurings of maybe thinking he wanted to go to school just so he can have friends. Arghhhhhhh!

Today was interesting - it took 5 hours 15 minutes to write a page in an A5 exercise book! Double arrgggghhhh. I could scream, I really could. I just don't get what he hates so much about writing! He hates writing even more than he hates maths and yet when he does write, its incredibly neat with wonderful spelling. Today was soooo painful!

At the weekend I showed Charlie the neopets website and help him set up his pet gelert. Cue hours and hours on neopetness. He is addicted! Then again he is addicted to all the weird documentary channels on Sky too. Sometimes his knowledge is scary. He started lecturing my parents about something or other the other day and their mouths were hanging open. It was to do with physics I think - I was a bit busy trying not to spit out the mouthful of red wine which I decided to taste! Ugh it was vile....definitely a spirits and champagne woman! Charlie didn't care much for the red either but quite liked the white apparently.

No comments: