Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Goodbye My Lover, Goodbye My Friend

Oh, I do love James Blunt - his insight is .....well insightful! Listening to this song driving down the M5 on Saturday having spent the afternoon with an ex of mine was poignant. It was the first time we had seen each other for almost 7 years and it was lovely. We went to Bodenham Arboretum which was beautiful and walked her two dogs. It was a great way to really gain closure and to allow us to really move on to being the great friends we always knew we could be, given half a chance.

I've been really coming down hard on Charlie boy in connection with Maths, his pet hate. I am making him do at least a page a day. I don't usually make him do anything he doesn't want but I really think this is the only way to crack his abject hatred of the subject and to help him as he struggles so much. I'm also covertly doing the same with writing - that is even tougher than Maths - he despises writing soooo much - yet also writes me little notes when I've decline his request for something - like co-sleeping.

So after Maths today (which he did amazing well with) he did a picture from DWN and wrote the little sentences. He really enjoyed colouring today - using pastels and his artists colouring pencils and took great pride in this.

Tomorrow we have his best friends and their mum coming for the afternoon and I have to finish all my weeks work by midday! Been working all day and have literally just finished now.

In other news, it seems we have finally found our rescue dog! Well he will be 5 months when we get him but I can't say any more on here as we haven't passed our home check and the lovely rescue lady has totally not followed protocol. The pup was rescued from a really awful situation and if they hadn't managed to persuade the owners daughter-in-law to hand him over, the owner would probably have had the pup put to sleep for no reason!

No comments: