2009 has unfortunately been the fourth year in the row when major horrible things have happened so I am glad to see the back of it in every way. This time for the first time, those horrible things have been both personal and business related rather than just personal. I've moved on from the business part though as it's just not worth dwelling on. The year has ended badly too as I had to cancel my 9th IVF cycle I had booked for January 2010 as a direct result of what was done to my business by a third party. The email that I sent to the clinic last week doing that was probably the worst thing I've had to do for a very long time especially as I've been waiting 26 months for this cycle but I had no choice.
We started this year with a big positive - 3 weeks in Florida for Charlie and I in January. We had a wonderful time, much needed break for me and perfect for us to reconnect and Charlie turned 11 there. It all seems so far away now! Charlie asked to learn guitar so I bought him one and he's been having lessons from next door and seems to be doing very well.
March saw the business finally leaving my house and moving in to premises which was a big relief all round. In April I got a year older (groan) and we got two dogs from the RSPCA.
We spent Spring and summer having lots of days out and some great walks with the dogs too. Charlie has come along leaps and bounds with his Maths again this year. He's had some moments where the penny has obviously dropped for him which has been lovely to see.
He's very definitely growing into a young man. He has growth spurts all the time and is needing new clothes almost at the same frightening rate as he did when he was a toddler! Even his feet have grown which hadn't happened for almost 18 months. He still sucks his thumb though which has surprised me considering he turns 12 in 15 days time but despite my fears that he'd need a brace because of it, he doesn't and his teeth were declared perfect by the dentist. He's a very interesting mix of baby and young man, he still adores all his cuddly toys but takes on responsibilities beautifully and can be trusted to do so much now.
He surprised me a few months ago when he asked for Galore Park Secondary level Maths. Actually surprised is a bit of an understatement! But, to give him his dues, he has coped very well with it so far even though we are only a couple of chapters in. He is loving the secondary level History, English etc which go with the Geography and Science he already had.
It's hard to believe he will be 12 in 15 days time, harder to believe that I am old enough to have a 12 year old, in 6 years he could be gone, but as we head into 2010, I know that he is growing into the most amazing young man and that makes me very proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment