Monday, December 21, 2009

Nearly over for another year

Quick catch-up on last week, Monday and Tuesday I can't remember much of, mostly lying around in bed as my back had gone again the previous week meaning weekend plans with friend and London trip had to be cancelled :(

On Tuesday we took apart Charlie's bunks to make them into 2 single beds and put one bed in the spare room along with his tv, dvd player and his PS2 and the Wii was also moved up there from downstairs. Am planning a crafty flat screen tv purchase in the sales for that room. His bedroom now looks much bigger and better and we've been surfing the web for ideas for new bedding, rug and bits and pieces.

Wednesday we were up at 6am to leave at 7.15am to get to the dental surgery in Oxford so I could have a tooth out under sleeping sedation. Of course, if the referral hadn't taken 4 months to come through, I could have just had a filing and kept my tooth but by the time the bloody NHS had got its act together it was too late. I had a lovely sleep and consequently remember almost nothing of Wednesday except wiping everything from my brand new website which is supposed to be launched. That will be why they tell you not to do anything important like work or sign legal papers for 24 hours then. Sigh.

I've been in serious pain ever since, am taking painkillers every two hours and couldn't open my jaw to eat for 3 days but apart from that....

Friday morning I dragged us out of bed early to be at the Mall by 8.30, took some paperwork to the Council offices, got some last minute Christmas bits in, did a food shop and a dog food shop and then made it home. I was in no fit state to be doing any of that but I knew at that point if it snowed even another inches worth the muppet wagon wouldn't be able to get off the drive and I didn't want a repeat of this year when we got back from Florida and promptly got snowed in the house with no food!

Saturday we had a lovely pj's, sofa and movies day and watched various films on Sky. I am loving the new Sky+, being able to pause tv is so much fun and very handy!

Sunday was a particularly bad day pain wise :( Managed to do a bit hoovering and cleaning and changed the beds and got through a few loads of washing. Then I just collapsed in a pained heap and watched Brothers & Sisters d/l's on my Macbook.

Today I was pretty much at the warehouse all day. So many expedited delivery orders over the weekend. Everything got sent, ebay sale has gone very well too. I will go in tomorrow as there are more orders and I let Lisa finish today and then hopefully there won't be any orders on the 23rd.

No comments: